The faith formation commission meets three times a year.
The parish Director of Faith Formation has the responsibility to inform and collaborate with the Education/Faith Formation Commission in formulating and recommending to the pastor policies and recommendations for implementation of religious education, Sunday Catechesis Assemblies, adult education, young adult ministry, youth ministry, justice and peace, Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults in the parish collaboration with local Catholic schools and homeschools.
Members of the Faith Formation Commission develop policies and support programs in religious education, catechesis, young adult ministry, youth ministry, justice and peace and Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults for the parish.
Specific Areas of Interest:
- Sunday Morning Catechesis Assemblies — Pre-K through Adults
- Liaison with Asheville Catholic School
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Adult Faith Formation
- Middle School Youth Ministry
- High School Youth Ministry
- Sacramental programs for Reconciliation, Communion, and Confirmation
- Sunday evening Spanish Faith Formation
- Spanish Youth Ministry
- Adult Scripture Study
- Literature Rack
- Book Fair
- Teachers, aides and substitutes
- Small Faith Community leaders
- Faith Sharing
- Office assistance
- Summer Scripture Program
- Learning Resource Center
If you are interested in any of these areas or have other ideas, please complete the Volunteer Interest form located on your right or email Elizabeth Girton at firstname.lastname@example.org.